The special-assignment ministry program was designed to give retired and experienced servants of the Lord opportunity to use their experience to assist missionaries on the field. The program covers a broad range of missionary activity such as short-term assistance in focused evangelism efforts, teaching a block course at a Bible institute, or replacing career missionaries while they are on furlough.
- Clear testimony of being born again.
- Dedication, self-sacrifice, and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of GFA.
- A true zeal for winning lost souls evidenced in part by current involvement in ministry of a local church.
- Mature believer with well-established personal testimony.
- Relevant experience to the ministry to be performed on the field.
- Pastoral recommendation regarding fitness for the proposed ministry.
- Generally good health.
- The cost varies with the field but will typically include airfare, passport, visa fees, insurance, immunizations, food, and transportation.
- The special assignment worker will usually need personal income to cover the bulk of the everyday costs.
- The special assignment worker will often be able to live in the missionary's home and this will decrease housing costs.
Consider your abilities and opportunities
GFA is looking for retired pastors, Bible teachers, or laymen with extensive preaching, teaching, and ministry experience to take part in this unique ministry. We are primarily seeking those who would be able to do this ministry for several years; however, we would consider someone who would be able to go on only one or two assignments. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact the GFA home office.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this ministry, please contact the GFA home office.